Most stomach aches are not anything serious and will go away after a few days.
These are some common types of stomach ache and what may be causing them. But see a GP if you're unsure and worried.
- what might be causing your stomach ache
- treatments that might help
- medicines for constipation and indigestion
See a GP if:
- the pain gets much worse quickly
- the pain or bloating will not go away or keeps coming back
- you have stomach pain and problems with swallowing food
- you're losing weight without trying to
- you suddenly pee more often or less often
- peeing is suddenly painful
- you bleed from your bottom or vagina, or have abnormal discharge from your vagina
- your diarrhoea does not go away after a few days
Do not self-diagnose – see a GP if you're worried.